Saturday, April 24, 2021

A little bit everyday...

I don't know what it is about me, but I am not good at doing the things I want to do. I do the things I need to do, I do the things I have to do, I do the things that other people need me to do. But when it comes to doing the things that I want to do, I'm stuck. I have a ton of excuses - I don't have time for fun right now, I need more time to do that thing than I have right now, I'm too tired to get out all the things I need in order to do the thing I want to do (this is mainly with scrapbooking or other crafty things). But one of my favorite excuses is that I need to clean my (house/room/table/desk) before I can do that thing.

So, I have this idea that I should do a little bit everyday. Whether that's clean, declutter, exercise, eat right, crochet, read an actual book, or write, I keep telling myself that I just need 10 to 30 minutes a day to do that thing.

And....well, it's been almost a month already since I posted here.

I'm trying so very hard not to beat myself up over the fact that after a year of staying at home, not a lot has changed in my own personal life. Not having the time was an excuse before...I'm struggling with feeling embarrassed and mad at myself for not taking advantage of the time I've had over the last year.

Can anyone else relate?

No comments:

Post a Comment