Sunday, April 26, 2020

What's Making Me Happy This Week

  1. Streaming services - in a time like this, it is nice not to have to depend on a place like Blockbusters or regular TV only.  Maybe it's not ideal and probably keeping us in front of the TV more than if we didn't have it, but it is nice to be able to search for movies or full runs of shows to keep our minds off of the real world.

  2. Smart movies and TV shows.  There are so many GOOD movies and shows out there.  Yes, it's great to have the fun and not so serious stuff, but a really good smart show keeps my mind occupied more than something not so deep.
  3. Speaking of good movies, I'm SO grateful that our kids can appreciate amazing old movies.  We are starting to watch movies off the American Film Institute's Top 100.  https://www.afi.com/afis-100-years-100-movies-10th-anniversary-edition/ On Sunday April 26th, we watched Rear Window (1954).  Damian chose it off the list.  They loved it!  What I found so interesting is that it is still a thriller - sometimes, scary movies don't hold up.  But because there are no special effects (well, except for one that was cheesy but didn't effect the enjoyment of the movie), the content of the movie was still so enjoyable and both kids were mesmerized to the end.  Hitchcock was definitely a master.

  4. The ability to let go.  I was taking a psychology class at LAVC this spring.  After much debate, I dropped it because I just don't think I have it in me to continue it right now.  It was a tough class.  I am still taking sociology though.  
  5. Incremental goals!  I set a goal of 20,000 steps last week and I did it!  Total of 21,235 steps for the week (plus another 215 on the one day I didn't go out last week).  Roughly 3,000 steps a day.






#corona #covid19 #coronavirus #zoommeetings #zoom #family #livinglavidacorona #livinlavidacorona #socialdistancing #socialdistance #girlpower #friends #happierpodcast #happierathome #whatsmakingmehappy #netflix #instagram #walking #20in2020 #twenty #wordoftheyear #onewordtheme #goals #movies #AFItop100 #americanfilminstitute #oldmovies #rearwindow #jamesstewart #gracekelly #alfredhitchcock #hitchcock #mystery #thrillers

No comments:

Post a Comment